BIM4HERITAGE – Where we are and Where we’re going
Posted on 8th November 2016
Ramboll and COTAC are hosting a conference, 'BIM4Heritage - Where we are now and where we are going'.
When: Friday 9th December 2016
Time: 10.00am – 4.00pm
Venue: Ramboll, 240 Blackfriars Road, London, SE1 8NW
At this warts and all event, they will provide an honest appraisal of the use of BIM within heritage buildings and environments and how BIM can be used for heritage conservation and repair and maintenance processes. Risks and opportunities concerning the adoption of BIM shall be reviewed, and the increasingly advanced applications of BIM explored.
The programme will include:
- BIM de-bunked – BIM Level 2 in the historic environment is put under the spotlight with a review of current state of play and issues facing the industry
- Capabilities of information capture – The pros and cons of information capture and the issues surrounding the decisions on what level of BIM you need
- The Conservation Conundrum – How heritage practitioners and estate managers can use BIM to enhance conservation work, including factors that may influence the process
- BIM sensitive analysis – Where BIM tools feed complex analysis to allow detailed assessments that maximise conservation and minimise intrusion
- Beyond the clouds – Reading beyond the visible surface. Future proofing the information captured and what is around the corner.
RSVP by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org